WJC ECC offers classes for two, three and four year olds and includes extended day options for older children.
- Two year old classes are offered 2 days, 3 days or 5 days a week for two hours and 15 minutes. Children are given as much time as necessary to feel comfortable enough to separate from parents. The days are filled with motor activities, art experiences and songs and games as well as ample time to climb and explore on the playground.
- Three year old classes are held 5 days a week for three hours. Their developmentally appropriate curriculum stems from the study of the seasons and the Jewish holidays. In addition to the many activities both inside the classroom and out on the playground, children have the opportunity to learn in our Nature program and have music with our specially trained early childhood music teacher.
- Four year old classes meet 5 days a week for 3 hours. A strong emphasis is placed on socio-emotional development. Children learn and explore in all the different curricular areas through activity centers in the classrooms and opportunities outside in the playground. Four year olds continue to study once a week with the nature teacher and the music teacher as well.
- Pre-K classes meet 5 days a week from 9:00am – 12:00pm. This is the perfect transitional class for any child who has completed a 4s program but who is not quite ready for kindergarten. Children will continue to learn and explore though activity centers and outdoor play. Additionally, children will be exposed to pre-academic skills in areas of math, literacy, science, and social studies. Pre-K students will participate in all extended day classes as well as their regular music, nature, and library periods.
- Extended Day: Threes and Fours and Pre-K have the opportunity to extend their day four times a week, Monday – Thursday. Children enrolled in this program eat lunch in school and participate in theme activities including: Dance & Drum, Lil Chefs, Meet the Artist, Gym on Wheels, Music Appreciation, On Broadway, & Mad Science.
For more information, please contact Sabrina Landau, Early Childhood Director at [email protected]