The following are important things to know about attending High Holiday services at WJC.
Please review the information below to help make the High Holidays a meaningful, warm and inclusive experience for us all.
Safety and Security Procedures:
- There will be only one (1) entrance into WJC. The main entrance near the sanctuary must be used.
- Everyone must have a ticket in order to enter the synagogue at any time.
- If you do not have a ticket, you may be questioned before being permitted to enter.
- A parent must accompany children if they are not carrying a ticket.
- Children under age 10 should wear their informational sticker at all times.
- If you exit the building, you may only re-enter with a ticket in-hand.
- All building exits will be monitored.
- Bags may be inspected prior to gaining access to the building.
- Additional parking is available in the Mamaroneck High School parking lots.
- Do not park in the Town of Mamaroneck parking lots on Rosh Hashanah, as the holiday falls on business days.
- Parking is allowed in the Town of Mamaroneck parking lot on Yom Kippur, since it falls on Saturday.
- Handicapped parking must be pre-arranged with the WJC office prior to the holidays.
- No car will be allowed on the premises, even for a drop-off, without a WJC parking permit.
- If you wish to park at WJC prior to Kol Nidre, please contact the WJC office for a permit.
Youth Service Information:
- Children younger than 2nd grade must wear a name tag or badge to attend a Youth Service.
- Siblings of different ages may not remain in services which are not age appropriate.
- Children in 3rd grade and younger must be accompanied by a parent and picked up by a parent.
- Snacks (water, challah, pretzels) will be provided to children ages 2 through 7th grade on Rosh Hashanah and children ages 3 through 4th grade on Yom Kippur.
- No one will be permitted to remain in any room before or after youth programs.
- All electronics including iPods and cell phones should be left at home or remain unseen during programs.
- Students will not be dismissed until the completion of the program, unless accompanied by a parent.
- Children are not permitted to wander through the building unaccompanied by an adult.
- Every child/teen under the age of 18 must be either in the adult service or in a youth service.