Westchester Jewish Center appreciates and gratefully acknowledges all donations. We have various funds to help support our synagogue and our community.
Donations may be made "in honor of" or "in memory of" and acknowledgments are sent to the family. Donations may be made by check, credit card, or online through PayPal.
To make a secure online donation, click here.
Following are very brief descriptions of each fund:
- Adult Education Fund: Supports Scholar-in-Residence and other Adult Education Programs
- Allan A. Stein Fund: Purchase books for Beit Midrash
- Ethiopian Immigrant Fund: Provides support for Ethiopian students in Israel
- Holocaust Learning Center Fund: Provides funds for Holocaust & library materials and programs
- Ilonne Arouh Memorial Fund: Scholarships for camp or WJC schools for children of single mothers who need help
- Judaica Gallery Fund: To maintain the quality of gallery exhibits
- Kiddush Fund: Helps subsidize the community Kiddushim
- Landscape Fund: Enhances the beauty of the property
- Library Fund: For enhancement of the library
- Matan Torah Fund: Dedication of Torah sections in support of Adult Education
- Matzoh Fund: To provide Passover necessities for the needy
- Mayme Stern Memorial Fund: Funds for the sick and elderly
- Memorial Fund: Memorial contributions in support of Synagogue programs
- Rabbi's Discretionary Fund: A special fund administered by the Rabbi at his discretion
- Sisterhood Prayer Book Fund: Provides funds for new prayer books for WJC when needed
- Social Action Fund: Allows for timely response to social action needs
- WJC General Fund: Provides funds to support the general operating expenses of the Synagogue
The funds below provide funds to the WJC professional staff to enhance their programming, provide for professional development and to contribute to charities of their choice.
- Assistant Rabbi's Fund
- Cantor's Fund
- Nursery School Director's Fund
- Religious School Enhancement Fund
Other Ways to Support WJC:
- Sponsor or co-sponsor a Kiddush: To sponsor a Kiddush in honor of a special occasion, please contact Rosie Aronin at [email protected].
- Yahrzeit plaques: If you wish to purchase a memorial plaque in memory of a loved one, please contact Naomi Kauffman at [email protected].
- Sisterhood Tree of Life: If you wish to purchase a leaf for our Tree of Life, please contact Susan Levy through the office at (914) 698-2960.
- Donate a Book: For a small donation, a book will be purchased for the Hendel Family Library and a special bookplate will be placed inside, in honor of any occasion that you would like to celebrate (birth, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, wedding, anniversary etc.). Please contact our Librarian, Arlene Ratzabi, at 914-698-2960 or [email protected] for more information.