The Teen Community at WJC seeks to provide teens in 7th-12th grade with fun, engaging, and meaningful opportunities to participate in Jewish life in and outside of WJC. Here they can explore and continue building on their own Jewish journeys.
WJC Hebrew High (8-12th grade)
- Participate in classes and experiences lead by WJC Clergy, Staff, and teens just like you.
- WJC USY Lounge Nights provide a fun environment for teens to socialize and learn from one another.
- Split into a 3-week rotation (Week Aleph, Bet, Gimel), to provide a variety of different programs over the course of each month.
- Deeper relationships built with WJC Clergy and Staff throughout the year.
- Dinner and snacks provided each week.
- For more information, view the 2019-2020 Hebrew High Flyer (Coming Soon)
WJC USY/Kadima Programs (USY, 8-12th grade – Kadima, 7-8th grade)
- Join other WJC teens for fun programs touching on having fun, Israel, Judaism, Social Action, and more.
- Lounge Nights and weekend programs planned and executed by WJC Teens for WJC Teens.
- Leadership opportunities provided through the WJC USY Executive Board.
- Weekend retreats and Shabbatonim opportunities with METNY Region USY.
Shabbat and Holiday Programming
- Teen Shabbat Programs – Join the WJC Teen Community on Shabbat morning for a fun, engaging, and Torah-filled program. Programs will vary from Pastries and Parsha (discussion about the weeks parsha over tasty pastries), to Shabboard Game (playing board games on Shabbat), and anything in-between! See you there!
- Teen Holiday programs offered through the Hebrew High curriculum. Fun, engaging, and creative programs created about different Jewish holidays. Come participate and look at our annual holidays in a different light. Dates and details to follow…
WJC Teen Travel Opportunities
- Service Learning Trip – Help repair the world (Tikkun Olam) with WJC! Travel with your fellow teens and help a community in need. Join us this January 16-20th, 2020 in Los Angeles, CA as we explore Jewish LA and Volunteer within the greater LA Area!
- Up to 25 total hours of service on the trip.
- Bond with your WJC Community outside the walls of WJC.
- This trip is open to all 8-12th grade.
- AIPAC (The American Israel Public Affairs Committee) Policy Conference
- Travel with Adam Bender, Director of Teen Engagement to the 2020 AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington, D.C. (March 1-3)
- Lobby your local Senators and Congressmen for Pro-Israel legislation.
- This trip is open to all 10-12th grade. Priority for those enrolled in Israel: The Great Debate class provided in Hebrew High.
WJC College Outreach
- Sign your college student up for our College Outreach program. Receive packages from WJC 4 times during the year. Stay connected to WJC while away at school.
For more information on anything WJC Teen, please contact Director of Teen Engagement.