The Teen Community at WJC seeks to provide teens in 7th-12th grade with fun, engaging, and meaningful opportunities to participate in Jewish life in and outside of WJC. Here they can explore and continue building on their own Jewish journeys.
WJC Hebrew High (8-12th grade)
- Participate in classes and experiences lead by WJC Clergy, Staff, and teens just like you.
- WJC Lounge Nights provide a fun environment for teens to socialize and learn from one another.
- Split into a 3-week rotation (Week Aleph, Bet, Gimel), to provide a variety of different programs over the course of each month.
- Deeper relationships built with WJC Clergy and Staff throughout the year.
- Dinner and snacks provided each week.
- For more information contact Sherry Thaler (firstname.lastname@example.org), Amy Fastenberg (email@example.com), or David Goldstein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WJC Kadima Programs (8-12th grade – Kadima, 7-8th grade)
- Join other WJC teens for fun programs touching on having fun, Israel, Judaism, Social Action, and more.
- Lounge Nights and weekend programs planned and executed by WJC Teens for WJC Teens.
WJC Teen Travel Opportunities
- MLK Martin Luther King Volunteer – Monday, January 20, 2020 9:30am-1:00pm
- Join Rabbi Arnowitz, Zack Slavkin, J-Teen and your fellow WJC Teens for the biggest Westchester-wide interfaith teen volunteer event of the year.
- What: Help sort & pack much needed humanitarian supplies for Afya Foundation – a medical supply relief organization – to send to victims of disasters.
- Where: Westchester Reform Temple
- When: We will meet at WJC at 9:30am for bagels and to carpool over to Scarsdale by 10:00am.
WJC College Outreach
- Sign your college student up for our College Outreach program. Receive packages from WJC 4 times during the year. Stay connected to WJC while away at school.
For more information on anything WJC Teen, please contact Sherry Thaler (email@example.com)