March Mitzvahs for
the Whole Family
Project Ezra Passover Drives: Funds and Dessert
Collecting until March 24
The Project Ezra Passover Funds and Sweets Drive is here! Make Passover 2023 a “Zissen Pesach,” a Sweet Passover, for the elders of Project Ezra.
WJC is collecting two different things for the often frail and needy elders of Project Ezra on the Lower East Side:
1. We are asking you to donate generously to Project Ezra. These funds will be distributed to the elders by checks which they use to purchase the Passover foods they need and want. Send your checks, made out only to “Project Ezra” and send to WJC- SOJAC. If you prefer, send your check directly to Project Ezra, 387 Grand Street- Ground Floor, NY, NY 10002; please note WJC in the memo. The drive starts now and ends on March 24th! In the past three years WJC has raised a generous amount, accounting for close to half of what is needed. (Other synagogues donate the rest.) Please, let’s do it again!
2. Now for the fun part! We want this Passover to be sweet for the elders, so we are collecting Cans of Kosher for Passover Macaroons and Dried Fruits or Nuts. We will collect only these items until March 19th at WJC. All items must be marked Kosher for Passover and dated 2023. We will have bins by the office and in the lobby. You can also shop online for these items on our Amazon Wish List.
Please participate in this Mitzvah to ensure that these older Jews are not forgotten, and can celebrate Passover with dignity and joy.
Questions? Please contact Sharon Silver – firstname.lastname@example.org
SOJAC Community Day
Sunday, March 19, at 12:00pm
Join us at the annual SOJAC Community Day in the WJC Activity Center and Kitchen to participate in projects dedicated to helping our Neighbors in Need. Activities for all ages!
- Help cook a Pasta meal for HOPE SOUP KITCHEN to feed 150 people
- Prepare 500 sandwiches for GRASSROOTS GROCERY
- Assemble 300 containers of SOUP IN A JAR
- Be creative with CRAFTS
We need many volunteers to make this a success. For more information and to RSVP, please contact: Sarahrosenwasser@gmail.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
People to People Bronx Passover Delivery
Sunday, March 26, at 9:00am
If you have a car, an hour or so to spare on Sunday morning, March 26th, and friends or family to accompany you, this is a PASSOVER mitzvah opportunity to consider! At 9:00am at one of two sites in the Bronx Bronx Jewish Community Council Staff will give you Passover Foods to hand deliver to clients who are homebound and live in the area. With the organized contact information given one can make four deliveries in about an hour (often recipients are in the same building) Good to have a team of two adults.
Bring your children and teens. Good for teens to know that not everyone lives in places like Larchmont! Not everyone has food security! Not everyone has family! Not everyone can get to the market easily! Truly observe the mitzvah of “Kol Dichfin” LET ALL WHO ARE HUNGRY COME AND EAT… what you drop off will enable everyone to celebrate Passover with special items and the brief personal contact of a greeting and a new face will feed the soul as much as the foods will fill the stomach.
Questions? Contact Ruth Obernbreit Glass: email@example.com
Sponsored by Bronx Jewish Community Council
Two locations: 2157 Holland Avenue (near Pelham Parkway) & 95 Gale Ave (near Montefiore)