We ask you to lend generous support to the various initiatives, both religious and secular as suggested below. They are working to assure that every person in our charge is treated with basic human dignity and that the family is recognized for the holy institution it is.
1. THE COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER (CRC): ICE raids have already occurred locally. The CRC ensures that immigrants have necessary support, documentation and information to face the threat of family separation and deportation. www.crcny.org CRC, 134 Center Ave. Mamaroneck, NY 10543.
2. HIAS/KIND (KIDS IN NEED OF DEFENSE): HIAS has teamed up with KIND to provide legal representation to forcibly separated immigrant and refugee families arriving in the US seeking asylum and safety. www.act.hias.org HIAS/ KIND, 1300 Spring Street, SUITE 500, Silver Spring, MD 20910
3. THE YOUNG CENTER FOR IMMIGRANT CHILDREN’S RIGHTS: The Young Center provides legal advocacy for unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children. theyoungcenter.org Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights, 2245 S. Michigan Ave., Suite 301, Chicago, IL 60616
4. ARIZONA JEWS FOR JUSTICE: Valley Bet Midrash – AJJ provides food, clothing, and medical care for migrants and asylum seekers released by ICE. www.valleybeitmidrash.org/donate AJJ, 4645 E. Marilyn Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85032 (must note in memo: “Asylum Seeker Campaign”)
5. COMMUNITY FOR CHILDREN: Community for Children was started by doctors to provide prescription and OTC meds and clinic supplies for children at the McAllen Humanitarian Respite Center. Community for Children, Inc. c/o Dr. Stan Fisch, 2922 Emerald Lake Dr., Harlingen, TX 78520. Both Community for Children and the McAllen Center (below) request donations by check.
6. McALLEN HUMANITARIAN RESPITE CENTER is located across from the McAllen Texas bus station. It is a place for families to regroup and restore themselves before being released to relatives or sponsors throughout the country. The Center provides medical needs, three meals daily, clothing, shoes, toiletries, and assistance with travel. McAllen Humanitarian Respite Center, c/o Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley, 700 N. Virgen de San Juan Blvd. San Juan TX. 78589
SOJAC (SOCIAL JUSTICE ACTION COMMITTEE) and CLERGY of WJC